Well, hello there February. Where did you come from?!?
Valentine’s Day may be quickly approaching, but I don’t think it’s too late to put some Valentine Decor together to spruce up your home.
This was seriously one of the easiest projects that I’ve ever put together and it really only took me five minutes, maybe. I took pictures during that five minutes too so you’ll probably get it done way quicker. Details after the jump!
11×14 picture frame (I took one right off my wall) * 2 sheets 8.5×11 cardstock
glittered foam heart * large paper doilie (found in the cake decorating section of your craft store)
1. Remove the glass and picture from the frame and set it aside. You’ll need it again in a minute.
2. Slip the two sheets of cardstock in the frame. If you’re using the 11×14 frame, you shouldn’t even need to trim your paper. It will magically fit perfectly! Replace the glass and other original contents of your frame. This will create a solid base for the upcoming steps.
3. Apply a thick layer of glue covering the entire solid portion of the doilie. Make sure that it’s a good amount.
4. Press the doilie firmly onto the cardstock. Smooth out any bubbles that may form during this process.
5. Add more glue around the lacy edges of the doilie to secure it even more to the card stock.
6. Take a second to admire the glittery-ness of the heart. Ain’t she purdy?
7. After applying a good thick layer to the back of the heart, press it firmly in the center of the doilie.
You’re done! Now you have a super easy and super cute piece of Valentine decor that you can easily remove when the holiday is over. Enjoy!