Since we’ve moved into our new house, we’ve been working away at getting everything hung up and put into place. It’s been our mission to make sure that our kids feel like our new place is their home and that they feel comfortable here. The Husband and I have also been trying to add in some extra special touches to their new rooms. While we’ve been focusing mainly on Luke’s room, I couldn’t forget about Reagan.
Using some super inexpensive frames from IKEA and my favorite fabrics from my stash that I’ve been saving for the perfect occasion, I created some fabulous fabric frames that are the perfect addition to her girly space.
Want to make some of these precious frames for yourself? Get the full tutorial after the break!
- IKEA Kvill Frames
- fabric of your choice
Reagan’s room has a very girly/vintage/shabby chic feel to it, so I made sure that fabrics I chose coordinated well with the theme. The polka dot and floral fabrics are from Tanya Whelan, but I believe they’re out of print. I’m not sure where the damask fabric is from and the stripe is a flannel from a fat quarter pack at Joann’s. Super helpful, right? That’s what happens when you sit on fabric for such a long time.
1. Take apart the frame(s) you’ll be using.
2. Trace the paper insert on your fabric, making sure you’ve placed it on the specific section of fabric that you’d like to have displayed.
3. Carefully cut along your traced lines.
4. Apply adhesive to the back of the paper insert. Press fabric firmly into place.
5. Put frame back together and hang where you’d like.
Reagan is thrilled with the results and how they look in her new room. The reveal of her whole room is coming soon — I promise! Keep an eye out for it.
Linking Here:Pin It