Yahoo! I’m thrilled that I made it to the third round of the Blog Wars competition! Last week, we were tasked with using a fabulous bundle of fabric and trims courtesy of Riley Blake and I had no problem coming up with something awesome: the Just Press Play Tunic. Reagan really seems to be lucking out in the cool stuff being made for her department, right?
I’d love for you to stick around and get the full tutorial after the jump!
Any momma with little ones knows the pain of dealing with stained clothing. Its an inevitable part of having kids and one that I’ve finally found a solution for! Reagan recently had one of her brand new tank tops go through a load of laundry that contained my son’s red shirts. You can guess what happened next… Ugh. This sweet tunic is a perfect answer to my stain-fighting issue. 🙂
- Four strips of fabric cut to 42″ x 3″ (Shop Riley Blake HERE)
- tank top
- sewing machine
1. Iron flat and hem the two shorter sides and one long side of each strip of fabric.
2. Get to ruffling! If you’ve never ruffled fabric before, you can refer to the Brave-Inspired Arrow Pouch for a good tutorial.
3. Begin at the bottom and pin one of the ruffles to the hem of the tank top. I made it so mine over lap in the center back of the tank.
4. Carefully stitch the ruffle in place with a standard straight stitch.
5. Repeat for the other three ruffles, moving up the tank each time and allowing for overlap.
6. When all of the ruffles are stitched in place, pin the ribbon to the top of the top ruffle and stitch it in place.
7. For the decoration, I cut two cassette tapes from the fabric in contrasting colors. Stitch around the outside edge and then hand sew the buttons in place.
And you’re done!
Isn’t my little princess just the cutest? Thanks again to everyone who’s voted int he Blog Wars competition so far! You rock!
Linking Here:Pin It