This post is sponsored by Plaid Crafts but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
Reagan is going through a stage where she is obsessed with my jewelry. Granted, she has oodles of her own super cute and sparkly necklaces and bracelets, but there is something so appealing to her about my goodies. I’ve caught her on more than one occasion ogling my floral necklaces and trying to reach my chunky bracelets when I’m not looking. When I received a box of Mod Melts goodies recently, I knew exactly what I wanted to create: Mother & Daughter Jewelry. Now, we have coordinating rings and she thinks we’re the coolest ever. Ever. Mission accomplished.
Curious on how to make your own? It’s ridiculously easy; keep reading to get all of the details!
- Mod Melts sticks
- Mod Melts mold
- high temperature hot glue gun
- Folk Art paints
- Mod Melts dauber
- ring base
- jewelry glue
- paint brush
1. Insert the Mod Melt stick into your high temp glue gun. Allow enough time for the stick to fully heat and melt.
2. Carefully squirt the Mod Melts into your mold. Some of the designs are pretty intricate, so if need be, use the toothpick to carefully spread the Mod Melt to where you need it. Give it at least 10 minutes to cool and then pop them right out.
3. Use the Mod Melts paint dauber to paint a base coat of Folk Art Acrylic paint in white. Let it dry.
4. With a smaller brush meant for detailing, paint the blue accents on each of Mod Melt pieces and let them dry. I chose to make each of the pieces look similar, but not the same.
5. Because my girl has a penchant for sparkle and glitter, I also added a light coat of sparkle paint to the white sections. Once again, let it dry.
6. Use jewelry glue to attach the pieces to each ring base. Can you guess what I’m going to say next? Yep, let it dry.
That’s it! When everything is dried up, your sweet little rings are ready for wearing. Don’t they make for a cute matching pair?
If you’d like to keep up with all of the awesomeness that Plaid and Mod Melts have to offer, you can find them on these social media channels:
Interested in more Mod Melt inspiration? Check out these other amazing projects!
Linking Here:Pin It