This is a sponsored post, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
When I was growing up, I loved watching all kinds of Disney movies, but I’ve always had a special place in my heart for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I’ve always adored the sweet stories of Winnie the Pooh and his menagerie of stuffed buddies. I recently had the chance to watch this classic again and I was inspired to create a new piece of kitchen decor for my home. Lucky for you, I even have a tutorial so you can recreate this for yourself!
At one point in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pooh visits Rabbit’s house and eats all of the honey. When poor Pooh subsequently gets stuck in Rabbit’s front door, Pooh isn’t allowed to eat anything until he can get unstuck. Pooh spots the honey of a friend and says, “I wasn’t going to eat it, I was just going to taste it.” Everything about that one line speaks volumes about my Reagan and knew that I HAD to do something with it.
- wainscoting board, cut to 20.5 in. wide by 36 in. long
- Silhouette or other die-cutting machine
- black acrylic paint
- cream acrylic paint
- permanent double stick tape
- paint brushes
1. Paint a coat of cream acrylic paint on the board. Set it to the side to dry.
3. Place the vinyl on the wainscoting board. Make sure its on there good and tight.
4. Start painting the black acrylic over the entire board. It took me four coats to get the deep black color I was going for. Make sure to let the coats dry in between.
See how nice and dark it is? Let it completely dry.
5. Carefully peel off the vinyl letters and throw them away. You won’t need them anymore.
6. If you have any paint that seeps under the vinyl (I totally did), use a craft knife to carefully chip the extra paint away and use a thin paint brush to touch up the paint. Easy peasy.
7. To create the banner, cut the pennant shape from the burlap and use the permanent double stick tape to attach it to the twine.
8. Hang your board and enjoy!
It was great that I was able to experience the friendships, imagination, and adventure of the Hundred Acre Woods with all of my fave childhood favorite characters *and* my kidlets. I love when we can enjoy timeless classic movies together like that. You want to know the best part? You can get The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh on Blue Ray Combo Pack and HD Digital starting TODAY, August 27th!
Want to find out more about the release of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh? Follow their Facebook page for all of the latest!
Looking for more projects inspired by The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh? Here you go!
Linking Here:Pin It