Confession: when you’re a blogger, your celebration of holidays get totally thrown out of whack. I mean, I’ve already got a Christmas tree up in my home to use for when I’m creating new posts geared just for Christmas. The struggle is real, y’all! While I don’t particularly mind the crazy change in the decor, my kids do. Poor Reagan keeps asking me when I’m going to decorate for Halloween and we’re one week out from the big day. Total #momfail so today that changes with a little easy DIY Halloween Decor!
When I say this is easy, I’m totally being serious here. While it isn’t a super quick project due to the time required for paint to dry, anyone can put one of these bad boys together.
Cricut Explore or an XACTO knife
12×24 Plywood Sheet
white acrylic paint
black acrylic paint
1. Start by painting the entire front of the plywood sheet with the white paint. Make sure that you paint enough coats to have the white nice and opaque. Mine took two, but you’ll need to check yours just in case it’s different.
2. While the paint is drying, either use the Cricut to cut the vinyl or use the craft knife. I prefer the Cricut, but make whatever you have on hand work for you!
3. When the white paint is completely dry, use the transfer paper to adhere the vinyl to the board a little more than half way down. If you’ve never used vinyl before, you can see how to transfer the vinyl here: Get Fresh Vinyl Home Decor.
4. After the vinyl is in place, lightly draw the outline of a ghost shape with the pencil. Paint from the pencil line to the edge of the plywood board black to reveal the ghost shape.
5. Let everything completely dry before setting it up to display.
Isn’t it so dang cute? And Reagan is so happy that we’re now set for Halloween!
And now for the best part — a giveaway! Expressions Vinyl has been nice enough to offer up a $50 Gift Card to one lucky winner!
If you liked this fun vinyl tutorial, you might like these ones too:
I was provided product and compensation from Expressions Vinyl to complete this post, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.Pin It