I’m constantly brainstorming new and fresh ideas for holiday decor for my home. I literally have a notebook out on my kitchen counter about 90% of the time so I can easily write down ideas when inspiration strikes. With a slew of patriotic holidays coming up, I’ve had red, white, and blue craft projects brewing and I’m excited to finally share the first one: Patriotic Vinyl Wall Art! Thanks to Expressions Vinyl, this was super simple and quick to put together.
scraper tool or credit card
One of the following cut files:
One. Begin by cutting the artwork out. I’ve included a pdf for those that don’t own a digital die cutting machine (I use a Cricut) and a PNG file for those that do. If you don’t have a cutting machine, use the craft knife to trace the image on the vinyl. NOTE: the firework image is only available in the Cricut Design Space, but you could easily recreate this on your own, if needed.
Two. Weed the image to leave only the vinyl that you’ll be applying to the canvas. Apply the Press N Seal to just cover the vinyl. Trim any excess Press N Seal. This will make things easier in the next few steps.
Three. Carefully remove the white backing from the vinyl so that only the vinyl and the Press N Seal are left. Transfer the wording first to the canvas and position it where you’d like for it to be.
Four. Using either the scraper or a credit card, press firmly over the top of the vinyl/Press N Seal combo, ensuring the you go over every inch of the vinyl wording.
Five. Carefully peel back the Press N Seal to reveal your vinyl art. Repeat steps two through four with the fireworks, as well.
Isn’t the glittery vinyl so fun?! I swear I could use this glitter vinyl on so.many.things!
Now, I know that some super adorable Patriotic Vinyl Wall Art is totally exciting on it’s own, but things are about to get even better! I’ve teamed up with some other fantastic bloggers to share 14 other patriotic vinyl projects *plus* we’re giving away a $100 gift card to Expressions Vinyl so you can create some vinyl goodness of your very own!
- Patriotic shirt by Pitter and Glink
- Treat boxes from a Kailo Chic Life
- Wall art from Sweet Rose Studio
- Easy Diy shirt from A Crafted Sparrow
- Star vinyl sign from Crafting in the Rain
- America Pillow from Kiki & Company
- Land that I love from 733 blog
- 4th of July Smores kit from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Firework Tank from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Festive Popsicle bucket from Doodlecraft
- Polka Dot Mason Jar from MM Scrap Shoppe
- Little Sparkler shirt from Made to be a Momma
- Star Confetti Balloons from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Embroidery Hoop America from A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Suspender onesie from Silhouette School