Dinner can be a tricky event in our family. Without fail, we have one activity or another on every single weeknight and that really starts to put a cramp in our supper style. I’ve been starting to brainstorm ideas for quick and simple meals that I can put together in 30 minutes or less that are not from a drive thru and this Sausage Caprese Pasta has been an instant win for my family!
My sassy Reagan has quite the sensitive tummy and has been that way since birth. She has a pretty rough lactose intolerance and we’ve recently started removing gluten from her diet to see if that improves her stomach troubles. I made this particular recipe with Barilla Gluten Free Pasta and Aidell’s Chicken and Apple Sausage that I picked up at Target to accommodate the changes and no one noticed a difference in taste. The pasta still tasted like a typical pasta, but is made with corn and rice instead.
Let’s dig in!
- Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta
- Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed
- mozzarella pearls, 8 oz.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, rinse, and set to the side.
2. Pour the olive oil in a large skillet. Remove the sausages from the package and slice in to rounds. Add sausage pieces to the skillet.
3. Cook the sausage pieces in the skillet at medium for 8-10 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on each side.
4. Dice the basil leaves into small pieces. Add the sausage, basil, and mozzarella pearls to the pasta. Toss to mix the ingredients evenly throughout.
Want to try out the Aidells® Sausage & Barilla® Pasta for yourself? You can score some sweet deals on them right now through the Target Cartwheel app! You can find the specific deals and details HERE and HERE.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.