My office/craft room makeover has been a process. Like, a ridiculously long process.
If you’ve been here for awhile, you know that I started this makeover over a year ago. I didn’t want to force the ideas and I wanted to wait until I knew exactly what I wanted to do. Inspiration stuck last week and now I have an update to share with you! My Painted Canvas Wall Art combined my love for craft and my love for my kids and it’s the perfect reminder of what I love to do.
blank canvases * Americana paints from DecoArt * foam brushes
blue painters tape * adhesive vinyl * tape measure
First up: the kids canvases!
1. With the blue painter’s tape, tape around the outside edge. Create the inside rectangle by measuring one inch between the outside tape and the inside tape. Make sure the tape is firmly in place!
2. Let the kidlets get to work! I let my kids each pick two colors of paint to work with. You could easily do more or less.
3. Enjoy the painting process! My kids are still talking about getting to paint.
4. After letting the paint dry adequately, carefully peel off the blue painter’s tape.
And now for the canvas I created!
1. Use the measuring tape to find the center of the canvas. Apply the blue painter’s tape starting in the center. I used two strips of tape to create nice thick lines and measured two inches in between each stripe.
2. Paint the color you’d like to use for your stripes (I used Americana’s Butter Yellow).
3. Allow the paint to dry. Carefully peel away the tape.
4. Apply your vinyl design. If you’ve never applied vinyl before, there’s a tutorial here that can help you out.
And here are our finished canvases! I love how they turned out and they are the perfect art to look at while I’m crafting away.
I feel like I need to also share an update on the craft space so that I might feel more compelled to finally finish it. This is the view from the door as you enter the room. See that window? I despise that window. It looks out onto to our front door and is under a shade so you get close to zero natural light in the room.
Can you tell I need to bust a move to Ikea to get more of those white boxes so I can organize a smidge better? I’m also thinking I want to add a shelf along the top to store all of my cake stands and glassware.
Here’s the view from my desk. I love that I’ll be able to see the Painted Canvas Wall Art while working/sewing/crafting.
What do you think? Cute, right?
Linking Here:Pin It