The title of this post may be deceiving, but it was seriously the best way to describe what I’m sharing today. Halloween Hangover: The Candy Cure is by no means a reference to anything non-kid-friendly; that’s just not the way I roll. It does, however, deal with one of the most unsavory parts of teaching and the Halloween Season.
The day AFTER Halloween.
As a teacher in my pre-blog life, I absolutely dreaded the day after Halloween when it fell on a weekday.
More often than not, I’d be welcomed at school with 25+ eight-year-olds who were strung out on an extended sugar high from binging on candy the night before and sneaking an extra few pieces before they headed out to see me. I’ve had students fall asleep at their desks, kids that acted so out of character due to lack of sleep, and more vomit than I ever care to talk about.
Now that I’m a parent and I have a son who’s at school, I want to make sure that I take care of his teacher. I want to make sure that there’s something to perk up her day, especially on a day that teacher’s know just isn’t going to go well.
Are you ready to get started creating a Halloween Hangover Cure for the teacher of your choice?
rust card stock * cream card stock* brown & white baker’s twine
adhesive * coffee cup * scissors * gift card
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies * cello bag
1. Start by cutting out the drink sleeve with the Epic 6 or any other large format die cut system. Wrap the sleeve around the outside of the coffee cup.
2. Secure the sleeve with the adhesive. Wrap the twine around the sleeve a few times and tie it in a bow. Cut off the excess twine.
3. Use the oval accessories included in the drink sleeve die kit to create a tag. Use the adhesive to secure the two ovals together.
4. Punch a small circle in the tag and write your message.
5. Package the cookies in the cello bag. Attach the tag and tie close with more of the baker’s twine.
And that’s it! Super adorable, right? I plan on giving this to Luke’s teacher filled with her favorite coffee, plus I’m adding another gift card to a local coffee shop so she can get a refill after school if it ends up being particularly rough (she is dealing with four-year-olds after all).
So you want to make this sweet little gift? You can get a 20% discount at Lifestyle Crafts when you use the code SWEET at checkout!
Linking Here:Pin It