Do you ever stumble across an idea on Pinterest, pin it with plans to recreate it, and then realize months later that you’ve never done anything with it? Today that stops for me! I’ve had an idea for months and yesterday I put the plan into action. Today, you get to learn how to create your own Gift Wrap Hair Bow!
I knew I wanted to take the awesome magazine bow idea and twist it into a sweet accessory for my baby girl. Let’s get started!
- Ribbon cut to the following lengths: 3 at 11″, 3 at 10″, and 1 at 3″. I doubled that so that I could have two for each layer.
- Glue Gun
- Hair Clip
1. Arrange your pieces so that they’re all grouped by size.
2. Layer the decorative ribbon on top of the plain ribbon.
3. Apply a small dab of hot glue in the middle to secure the two pieces of ribbon together.
4. Create a figure 8 with the ribbon and staple it into place, with the exception of the smallest pieces.
5. When all of the figure 8’s are completed, begin stacking them from the largest loops to the smallest loops, hot gluing in between layers.
6. When you get to the top, glue the smallest pieces together to form a loop and then hot glue it to the very top.
7. Finish the Gift Wrap Hair Bow by gluing the clip to the back of the completed bow.
And here she is. So cute, right?!? This would be great as part of a gift too. Clip it to the top of a present and it makes a perfect little re-usable bow.
Linking Here:Pin It