Confession: I don’t have a lot of green in my wardrobe. Actually, I think I have maybe one shirt that’s a shade of green. I can’t be the only one with a green-deficiency, so I came up with a sweet little gift to give someone near and dear to you a little “pinch o’ luck” on St. Patrick’s Day.
For some reason, I feel like a chicken running around with it’s head cut off lately, so I can promise you that this is super simple, super inexpensive, and super quick to make! I found all of the items I used to make these cute little gift boxes at my local craft store; if you don’t have one near you, you could always order online. Easy peasy. 🙂
- Mini Gable Boxes
- green glitter card stock cut to 1″ x 12″ (or whatever length you need to completely surround your box)
- gold glitter card stock cut to 1.75″ x 12″ (or whatever length you need to completely surround your box)
- glittered shamrock
- Plastic Coins (gold)
- 1″ Pin Backs
- Peapod Green Baker’s Twine
- hot glue
- tape runner
- 1 sheet of white tissue paper
1. Glue the pin to the shamrock and set aside to cool.
2. Lay the strip of gold card stock across the center of the gable box and carefully fold at the edge. I used a sharp edge to score the fold, but you don’t need to do this. Repeat this for every corner on the box.
3. Use the tape runner to secure the gold strip to the box. Press firmly.
4. Repeat the folding, scoring, and taping for the green strip of card stock as well.
5. Cut the sheet of tissue paper in half. You’ll need a half sheet per box you’re going to fill.
6. Cut the tissue into thin strips to create the filler for your box.
7. Place a few gold coins and the shamrock pin neatly inside the box on top of the filler. Close up the box.
8. Tie the tag onto the box using your ribbon/baker’s twine and you’re good to go!
I love this project because I had many of the supplies on hand already and because no one stands a chance at trying to pinch me or my friends on St. Patrick’s Day! Here are a few more fab St. Patty’s projects that you should check out:
Linking Here:Pin It