I have some sad news: I was eliminated from Blog Wars this week and honestly, I’m a smidge bummed. I figure the best thing to do to get over my Blog Wars blues is to keep on keepin’ on. Just because my sweet little Works of Heart Gallery Display didn’t get enough votes, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t share it with you! I’m happy to be sharing the full tutorial with you today so you can show off all of the awesome masterpieces that your kidlets bring home.
- 48″ pine board
- slat sign from The Wood Connection
- Minwax Stain in Red Mahogany
- Minwax Stain in Ipswich Pine
- acrylic paints in white and red
- paint brushes
- old rag
- heart cut from 12″ x 12″ card stock
- “works of” cut from card stock (font: Top Modern)
- “heart” cut from vinyl (font: Pacifico)
- staple gun
- alligator clips
- washi tape
1. Trace the heart onto the slat with a pencil.
2. Paint the heart with the red acrylic paint. Let it dry.
3. Place “works of” template on to the pine board and paint carefully with white acrylic paint.
4. Apply the “heart” vinyl on top of the dried heart and paint with white acrylic paint.
5. When the white paint is dry, carefully remove both templates and dispose of them.
6. Stain the pine board with the Minwax Red Mahogany. Brush the stain along the grain lines and carefully wipe away with the rag.
7. Stain the slat board with the Minwax Ipswich Pine. Follow the same directions as above. Let both pieces dry completely.
8. Carefully stack the slat board on top of the pine board and flip them so they are facing down. Nail the slat board into place through the back of the pine.
9. Screw two D-rings into the back of the pine board for hanging.
10. Staple gun the be-jesus out of the ends of the twine to hold them into place. Classy, right? 😉
The clips to hold the art up is super easy. It’s as simple as applying washi tape to the alligator clips. Anyone can do it!
Hang your Works of Heart Gallery Display and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this DIY project, you might also enjoy these ones too:
Linking Here:Pin It