I am so ready for fall weather; crisp breezes, cooler temperatures, football, and some of my favorite holidays. Honestly, it can’t get here fast enough! I want to make sure that we all have enough time to prepare so I’m going to start sharing some new fall-themed recipes, crafts, and home decor ideas over the next few weeks. I’m thrilled to kick it all off with Chocolate-Covered Oreo Apple Cookies!
I have an obvious obsession with Oreos (you can check out recipes HERE and HERE), so this seemed like a natural progression. I had initially intended for these bad boys to have a nice smooth texture, but that just didn’t work out for me. Happy accident! I actually enjoy the swirled lines on each of the “apples.” It feels like it gives is a little more personality.
- red candy melts, melted according to the package
- pretzel sticks, broken in half
- wax paper
1. Lay out a long sheet of wax paper. This will serve as the place to put your completed apples.
2. Carefully hold one Oreo on its edge and drag it through the candy melt. You’ll have a small section at the bottom where the Oreo was held that won’t be covered.
3. Quickly insert a pretzel stick half between the two cookie wafers and place the Oreo down on the wax paper to harden.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remainder of the Oreos.
5. When the Oreos have all been dipped, dip the knife in the remaining candy melt and carefully use it to cover the exposed Oreo part.
6. Use the knife to smooth out any lumps or bumps and to create the swirled texture.
7. Allow the cookies to harden completely.
Dig in and enjoy!
Linking Here:Pin It