When I was teaching second and third grade, without fail, there were multiple kids that would walk in with the same super adorable back pack and on a few occasions back packs were even sent home with the wrong kiddo. Not only did that make for a stressful situation for me as the teacher, but it was also heart breaking to hear the phone calls from the parents with the kids crying in the background. Because I’m hoping to prevent the same situation for my own school-age children now, I’ve created some super cute FREE printable back pack tags to solve the problem.
Now I know what you’re thinking: why don’t I just write my child’s name on the inside of their bag? I have the names written on the inside of both of my kids’ bags, but I find it hard to believe that any teacher hurrying to get kids out the door at the end of the day will stop to be able to check to see if Luke has his back pack on and not the other kid’s.
- Printable Back Pack Tags, in your choice of style
- coordinating card stock
- hole punch
1. Cut the tags out and trim the coordinating card stock to be slightly larger. My card stock was cut to 4-1/8″ x 2-1/8″.
2. Use your adhesive of choice to adhere the printable tag to the card stock.
3. Punch a hole through the layered tag.
4. Thread your ribbon through the hole and tie to your child’s back pack.
Note: I chose to have my tags laminated at my local copy center before punching the hole and attaching them to help with longevity.
Simply tuck the tag in when the kids are walking to avoid having your info out for the school to see. Easy peasy. Now there’s no question whose back pack is whose at school!
Linking Here:Pin It