Baking is something I love to do and it probably because I’ve got a pretty substantial sweet tooth. Cooking, on the other hand, is more of a struggle for me. I’m not one that usually likes to be experimental or go out on a limb with my recipes. I find serious comfort in good ol’ favorites like the recipe I’m sharing with you today: Bacon Meatloaf and Seasoned Potatoes.
This is one of our family favorite recipes as its something that everyone will gobble right up, plus its filling enough that my kidlets won’t be asking me ten minutes later what else they can eat. Let’s get cooking!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c. milk
- 2/3 fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. ground hamburger, thawed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. mustard
1. In a bowl combine eggs and milk. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, and salt.
2. Add meat and mix well.
3. Fold crushed bacon into the meat mixture.
4. Lightly pat mixture into a loaf pan. I like to line mine with aluminum foil and spray that with a non-stick spray to help with clean up.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Spoon off any fat from the top.
6. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread over the entire top of the meatloaf.
7. Bake the meatloaf for another 10 minutes.
8. Let meatloaf stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
1 lb. Black Gold Farms small red potatoes
1 pkt. McCormick Produce Partners Roasted Garlic & Rosemary seasoning
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1. Pour olive oil into a frying pan or skillet.
2. Dice cleaned potatoes into eighths and add to the pan. Cover the potatoes with the seasoning and mix everything well together.
3. Cook the potatoes on high for 10 minutes. Cover with a lid and cook on medium for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. I cooked mine for a little longer so they were a little crispy, but that’s totally up to you.
As if this post wasn’t already loaded with enough yummy goodness, it’s about to get even better! Myself and 14 other bloggers have each created our own comfort food recipe and you seriously DON’T want to miss the rest of the deliciousness happening throughout blog land today.