This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Farmland but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #porkinapinch http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
It’s no surprise that Phoenix is hot. We generally have two seasons here: hot and ridiculously hot. Even though the majority of the country is celebrating the end of summer and the impending arrival of fall and the cooler temperatures, we’re still in heat survival mode. I’ve been craving a fresh, healthy-ish recipe for awhile now and this easy chef salad is the perfect solution.
Doesn’t it look super delicious? I can promise you it was and I’m already looking forward to eating again soon!
- 3 heads of Romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 4 strips of Farmland Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 16 oz. pkg. of cherry tomatoes, cleaned and halved
- cucumber, cleaned and sliced thin
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- dressing of your choice
In all reality, a salad has a base of greens with a lot of yummy extras added on top and that’s exactly what I did with this easy chef salad, making sure to include chef salad basics like tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and cheese. Instead of the usual diced deli meats, I substituted Farmland Bacon because –really– who doesn’t love bacon?!?
I love that the bacon added an extra punch of flavor and because I only used a few strips of the bacon, we have plenty left over to make more of this yummy salad or use them for another meal.
Farmland products can be found at a variety of stores across the country:
- Country Mart (State: Missouri)
- Grocery Outlet (State: Arizona, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California)
- Highland Park (State: Connecticut)
- Buehler’s Fresh (State: Ohio)
- ACME Fresh Market (State: Ohio)
- United Supermarkets (State: Texas)
- Bashas’, Bashas’ Diné, AJ’s Fine Foods, and Food City (State: Arizona)
If you like this recipe, you can find more Farmland 35 minute recipes on their site HERE and if you’d like to learn more about the Farmland line of pork products (especially the fantastic bacon!), you can follow them on Facebook and Pinterest.
So tell me, how would you use Farmland Bacon?
Linking Here:Pin It