Yep. I went there. And I don’t even regret it for one second.
I feel like life is all about balance. Yesterday I posted a relatively healthy chef salad recipe and today I’m sharing what I made after the salad was finished: Reese’s Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars. See, I feel like I just can’t have healthy without something that isn’t so fabulous for me, something that tastes a whole lot more like chocolate.
My only issue now is that I’m having trouble staying away from these bad boys when I should be eating that salad. 😉 Are you ready to make your own?
- 2 and 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c. chocolate chips
15 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
1 box brownie mix, prepared according to the package
1. Prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough according to the directions on the website. Press the entire mixture into a 13×9 greased pan.
2. Bake the chocolate chip cookie bars for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. While the cookies are baking, prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
4. When the time for the cookies are up, place the peanut butter cups on top of the cookie dough. It’s okay that the cookie isn’t fully cooked; we’ll take care of that!
5. Pour the prepared brownie mix over the cookie bars and peanut butter cups.
6. Bake the dessert at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
7. Allow the cookie bars to cool completely and enjoy!
I dare you not to eat the whole pan. Double dare you. And I totally recommend that you serve these gems with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
If you like these, you might like these recipes too:
Linking Here:Pin It