In years past, I’ve decorated my home more for a rustic fall look and avoided making a big to-do about Halloween decorations. With the kids getting older and taking more of an interest in the holidays, the time has come to make a change. I’ve been considering what direction I’d like to take our style for a few weeks now, and I keep coming back to black and white and glitter as my Halloween decor base. To kick off the coming posts about how everything turned out, I’m sharing my Spooky Glam Halloween Wreath today.
My favorite part about this wreath? Well, it’s a tie. I can’t decide if I like the glittery spider or the fact that this took 30 minutes max to make more.
- grapevine wreath
- glittery spider
- spider webbing
- Project Life Core Kit – Midnight Edition
- Thicker Foam Glitter Stickers, Gold
- Bakers Twine
- hole punch
1. Layout your wreath and make sure it’s free of any tags or stray pieces that might get in the way.
2. Cut a small length of the webbing and stretch it across one side of the wreath. I didn’t use any adhesive because it attached to the wreath well on it’s own. If you’d like, you can add a few spots of hot glue to ensure it stays put.
3. Attach the spider. I found mine at Walmart (for $1.97!) and it already had a clip attached to the back. If you aren’t as lucky as I am to find one of these bad boys, you could easily hot glue the spider in place as well.
4. Choose filler cards from the Midnight kit to create the banner with. I wanted to keep with the black & white theme so I chose a variety of patterns from the same color family. Follow this tutorial to create the banner pieces.
5. Use the glittered Thickers to spell out your fave Halloween word. I chose boo!, but you could also go with spooky or something else along those lines. Punch two holes at the top of each banner piece.
6. String the twine through the banner pieces and tie it to the wreath. I also used the twine to hang my wreath with as well. Hang your work and enjoy!
I love when I get to use Project Life cards in an unexpected way; it’s just more bang for your buck!
Linking Here:Pin It