Some days just require chocolate. Period. Whether its due to a celebratory occasion or a stress-induced purge, chocolate is a staple in our household, as I’m sure it is in many homes. With spring quickly approaching — or finishing up here in Phoenix — I figured it was about time to share a lighter recipe that spotlights that well-loved ingredient. These Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cupcakes will make a perfect addition to any spring soiree or Easter brunch that you may have coming up and the best part is that they are beyond ridiculously easy to make!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix, prepared according to directions
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- sprinkles or decorations, as needed
- cupcake liners
1. Scoop prepared strawberry cake batter into cupcake liners.
2. Sprinkle 7-10 white chocolate chips in the center of each batter-filled liner. Really try to stay in the center; the chocolate chips tend to stick to the liner if they touch. No sense in losing a good chocolate chip!
3. Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the cake mix package. I always bake mine for the minimum amount of time required to ensure they are soft and moist.
4. Allow the cupcakes to fully cool before frosting and decorating.
Can I let you in on a little blogging secret?
The three cupcakes in these pictures are the only ones of the 24 I baked that have the fancy frosting. The rest I spread on with a knife, the same way my mom did when I was growing up. No one who ate one of the cupcakes noticed the difference! Don’t stress over the decorating part; enjoy the yumminess!
Linking Here:Pin It