Sometimes, life hands you rotten bananas; literally. And when this happens, its only logical to make something positive come from the situation, right?
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is one of my all time fave recipes to put together — as long as I can get past those dang rotten bananas. Thankfully for all of us, The Husband was kind enough to peel the bananas for me so I could bake up a delicious loaf of banana bread. Best part? I’m sharing the recipe with you!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
(adapted from the Better Homes & Garden cookbook)
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
5 medium mashed up bananas
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. cooking oil or melted butter
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1. Line a 9x5x3-inch bread pan with parchment paper; set it aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, bananas, sugar, and cooking oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened; your batter should still be lumpy. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out cleanly. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes in the pan and the rest of the way out of the pan.
6. Slice up your bread and enjoy!
So who’s ready to get baking?! If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, you might also like these ones too:
Linking Here:Pin It