This is a sponsored post on behalf of Tulip, but all opinions and ideas are always my own.
I have the same eternal problem of anyone who considers themselves even remotely creative: I always think that I can make something better than I could ever buy it. Such is the case with my dining room right now. I’ve been searching for something fairly specific for months and seeing now that I might never find it in a price point I’m willing to pay, I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands. I set out to create DIY dining room decor using the Tulip For Your Home paints and accessories and I was pleasantly pleased with the results.
In case you haven’t heard of the Tulip For Your Home line of products yet, let me be the first to introduce you! Now, you can give any room in your home a fantastically chic and quick update. This premium line of home-décor inspired stencil and fabric color products is specially designed to work beautifully on all your fabric and textile surfaces like decorative pillows, table linens, curtains, floor cloths, lampshades and even canvas wall art! It has never been so simple, quick, or affordable to create custom and designer looks you’ll swoon over. Sounds amazing, right?!
I found my materials at Hobby Lobby, though you can also find the Tulip For Your Home line at Joann and Michael’s as well. I easily found the products that I needed to complete my project and I loved that the section was well-stocked. Score!
I knew I wanted a fresh, fun look for our formal area, even if fall is fast approaching. There’s something about fun, bright colors and bold, graphic prints that always bring a smile to my face and that’s something I like to carry throughout the year.
Tulip 14″ Polka Dot Stencil
Tulip 8″ Floral Stencil
Tulip Soft Fabric Paints in Raspberry and Navy
Tulip Paint Roller
Tulip Stencil Spray Adhesive
newspaper or cardboard
1. Cut your fabric to the following dimensions:
Cream Cotton for place mats: 20″ x 14″
Standard Burlap for place mats: 20″ x 14″
Coral Burlap for table runner: 18″ x 48″
Cream Cotton for napkins: 22″ square
Standard Burlap for centerpiece accessory: 4.5″ x 30″
2. Lay out the cream place mat fabric on the newspaper. Spray the polka dot stencil with the stencil spray adhesive and carefully place the stencil off center on the fabric.
3. Squirt a small amount of the navy paint onto the paper plate and roll the paint carefully on the stencil. Roll until you reach your desired effect (I personally like it more covered).
4. Place the painted fabric to the side and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remainder of the place mats. Allow a minimum of four hours drying time.
5. Lay out the cream napkin fabric on the newspaper. Spray the floral stencil with the spray adhesive and carefully place the stencil in one corner of the fabric.
6. Squirt a small amount of the raspberry paint onto the paper plate and roll the paint carefully on the stencil. Continue rolling until you reach your desired coverage.
7. Place the painted fabric to the side and repeat steps 5 and 6 for the remainder of the napkins. Allow a minimum of four hours drying time.
8. Lay out the piece of burlap for the centerpiece on the newspaper. Use the floral stencil again to add a few flowers to the burlap. Let it dry for a minumum of four hours.
9. Once all of the pieces are completely dry, take the cream cotton for the place mats and place it directly on top of the burlap cut for the place mats. Fold the cotton in to create a clean edge and pin in place. Stitch around the outside edge of the cotton, removing the pins as you go, leaving the burlap exposed to create a border.
10. Create a clean hem on each napkin by folding in .25″ of the edge and then folding it in another .25″. Stitch around the edge and press with an iron.
11. Set your table and admire your work!
If you’d like to learn more about I Love to Create or the Tulip For Your Home line of paints, stencils, and other products, you can find them on these social media channels:
Linking Here:Pin It