My kidlets have recently become obsessed with all things party hat so when I was mapping out what projects I’d be making for the “What Does the Fox Say?” Party, I knew that I absolutely had to include one. Since I aim to please, but since I also have been dealing with a newborn, I needed to make the party hat simple and quick to make. Mission accomplished!
party hat shape from Cricut Design Space
fox shape from Cricut Design Space
three sheets of 12 x 12 card stock (mine is from American Crafts)
brown baker’s twine
red double-sided tape
1/4″ hole punch
1. Cut the party hat shape with the Cricut Explore. Make sure to stretch the shape to fit as much of the 12 x 12 sheet of card stock.
2. Cut the fox shape with the Cricut Explore on a different card stock.
3. Cut a 1.5″ x 12″ strip of the third color of card stock. Use the scissors to create the fringe on the two long sides of the strip.
4. Assemble the party hat. Use the glue stick to attach the fox.
5. Attach the fringe piece around the bottom edge of the assembled party hat with the red double-sided tape.
6. Punch a hole in the back of the hat. Tie the twine through the hole and wrap the twine around the fringe piece. Tie the twine off to keep it in place.
These sweet party hats were a big hit with the littles and in my book, that qualifies as a job well done.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates and tutorials for the “What Does the Fox Say?” Party! You can find the other tutorials here:
I recieved a Cricut machine to review, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links as well.Pin It