Because Reagan is home most of the day with me, the majority of my projects tend to revolve around her and what she’d be interested in doing. Luke spends so much time at school and sports practices that he likes his downtime when there’s nothing going on, much less pose for pictures for his crazy blogging momma. With Christmas quickly approaching, though, I had this great idea for a craft that really both kids could accomplish, but I really put it together with him in mind. He and I had a great time making a Drummer Boy Christmas Kids Craft and its so simple that even the most creatively-challenged person could make this happen.
1 – 12×12 sheet of red card stock
1 – 12×12 sheet of white card stock
empty oatmeal container
1. Cut out the Christmas shapes on the red and white card stock using the Merry & Bright image set in the Cricut Design Space. Set them aside.
2. Cover your oatmeal container with the brown shipping paper to create smooth surface for Christmas shape placement. Use the super sticky tape to make sure that the shipping paper isn’t going anywhere.
3. Let your kidlets start gluing their pieces on. There’s no right or wrong here; just let them have fun and be creative!
Luke is so thrilled with the outcome of his drum and has already been making some beautiful music with it.
Luke and I created this project as part of the Cricut Design Space Star contest. Some of my other teammates have created some awesome projects that fit with our 12 Days of Christmas theme that you *need* to check out:
- Drummer Boy Christmas Kids Craft by Sweet Rose Studio
- Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Bags by Albion Gould
- 12 Days of Christmas Countdown by Let’s Eat Grandpa
- 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar by Sweet Rose Studio
- 12 Days Candy Countdown by One Krieger Chick
- Modern Twelve Days of Christmas Clock by Popper and Mimi
- 12 Days Boxes by Crafting in the Rain
- 12 Days Stocking Countdown by Sugar Bee Crafts
Have you been debating whether or not to get a Cricut Explore of your very own? November is a great time! There’s an awesome Black Friday deal coming (keep checking back because I can’t wait to share the sweet deal!) *plus* Cricut is offering free shipping for the entire month!
I received a Cricut Explore to complete my projects with, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links.Pin It