This post is sponsored by DecoArt, but as always, all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
December is here friends so I thought it would be fun to kick off my favorite season of the year with a great decor project — a Holly Jolly Christmas Sled — and a giveaway for some fabulous DecoArt Chalky Finish paint and supplies so you can make your own awesomeness!
wood sleigh (mine was found at Michael’s)
Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Everlasting
Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Romance
Americana Decor Chalky Finish in New Leaf
Americana Decor Creme Wax
foam paint brushes
scrap flannel fabric
Press n’ Seal plastic wrap
1. Paint the base coat of the sled. The bottom rails will be painted with New Leaf and the seat portion will be painted with Everlasting.
2. While the paint is drying, cut the vinyl with your personal cutting machine (You know I love my Cricut). You can create your own cut file or you can print the download below and cut it out on your own.
Download Here: Holly Jolly Christmas Sled
3. Apply the stencil/vinyl to the dried sled. Make sure that the seal is secure to prevent the paint from spreading. Helpful hint: I use the press ‘n seal plastic wrap as transfer tape. It’s a whole heck of a lot less expensive compared to transfer tape.
4. Paint over the stencil with the Chalky Finish paint in Romance. Let the sled dry completely.
5. Apply the creme way with a lint-free piece of fabric. I had flannel on hand and it worked perfectly. Dip the cloth in the wax and apply generously. Let it dry completely.
Now one lucky Sweet Rose Studio reader will get the opportunity to walk away with a pretty awesome prize pack to create your own Chalky Finish projects! The winner will get 8 colors of your choice, clear and dark creme waxes, Soft Touch varnish, waxing brush and 2 stencils of your choice!
Linking Here:Pin It