My family definitely falls in the category of “creatures of habit.” We like to visit the same places, we thrive on a schedule, and we tend to typically rotate the same 10ish meals for dinner. What can I say? We just aren’t those that like to be risky or fly by the seat of our pants.
Every now and then though, I start to crave some kind of change. That’s typically when I make drastic changes like cutting six inches off my hair–and hating it shortly afterwards because it isn’t what I’m used to. One easy way I’ve found to make little changes to satisfy my desire to shake things up is to twist one of our tried-and-true dinner recipes into something new and fresh. Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells were born recently thanks to needing something a little different from our typical Chicken Parmigiana and we are in love!
You ready to dig in?
Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells (adapted from Skinny Mom)
3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded and seasoned to taste (I added garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper as I was cooking mine)
1 box large pasta shells, boiled and dried
10 oz. bag of spinach, cleaned and diced
1 tbsp. olive oil
12 oz. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar of pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour a small amount of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan, just enough to coat the bottom.
3. Place the diced spinach and olive oil in a large skillet, cover. Cook on low until the spinach has reduced down.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ricotta, and Parmesan. Mix well. Add the spinach to the mixture when its finished cooking.
5. Spoon approximately 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture in each shell. Place them carefully in the prepared pan.
6. When all shells are filled, spoon pasta sauce on top to coat the shells.
7. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the shells and sauce.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 and serve while still warm.
My entire family gobbled these up and my pickiest of eaters, Luke, even asked to eat the leftovers the next day for lunch. I’ll mark that down as one big fat win in my book!
Enjoy this recipe? You might also like these ones too:
Linking Here:Pin It