Happy Day Three of Craft Lightning Wedding Week! We’re already half way through, but I’m just as excited to be sharing so many MORE fun ideas to help make your special day even more awesome and because these are all simple and quick crafts, even the most novice crafter can easily complete them. Awesome!
I have a confession to make: I really don’t pay attention to the bouquet toss or the first dance, but I love me some dessert. I always scope out the cake to see what I’ve got to look forward to. I’m sharing a fun, fast, and simple monogram cake topper today that will make any sweets table stand out!
- wooden letter
- black acrylic paint
- paint brush
- wrapping paper
- paper straw
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Begin by painting the wooden letter with the black paint. Make sure to paint both sides! Let it dry completely.
2. While the letter is drying, it’s time to start working on the flowers. Draw three flowers on the back side of the wrapping paper: one large, one medium, and one small. If the thought of drawing flowers scare the crap out of you, simply draw five circles that slightly overlap. Cut them out.
3. Wrap each flower around a pencil so that it doesn’t curl the wrong direction.
4. Use a small amount of adhesive in the center of each flower to hold them together. Add more adhesive to the back of the largest flower to stick it to the dried letter. Stick a jewel in the center.
5. Cut the paper straw in half. Use the hot glue gun to attach the straws to the backside of the letter.
Isn’t it so cute?! I do have to say that I’m loving the “donut cake” I placed it on; it was super easy to create too!
Ampersand Wedding Gift at One Arty Mama
Fingerprint Wedding Table Numbers at Occasionally Crafty
Wedding Noisemaker Favors at Stuff-n-Such by Lisa
Vintage Card Garland Suitcase at Duct Tape and Denim
Wedding Date Pillow at One Krieger Chick
Bent Spoon Tea Light Holder at The Country Chic Cottage
Spray Paint and Rhinestone DIY Wedding Vase at DIY Inspired
Italian Eat Drink and Be Merry at Dolen Diaries
If you liked this wedding inspired craft, you’ll probably like these ones too:
Linking Here:Pin It