It occurred to me as I was preparing dinner a few nights back that I still haven’t shared one of our family’s tried-and-true favorite dinner recipes. These Baked Chicken Taquitos are loosely based on Chef-In-Training’s Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos, but since Reagan’s lactose-sensitive tummy doesn’t react well to cream cheese and The Husband isn’t a big fan of any kind of creamy Mexican food, I had to adapt them to suit our family. This simple recipe is a hit with even our pickiest of eaters (I’m looking at you, Luke) and is requested weekly!
- 16-18 soft taco size tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup red salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 pkg. chicken taco seasoning mix
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salsa, cheese, and taco seasoning until it is mixed well.
2. Lay out a single tortilla and scoop about 2 tbsp. of the chicken mixture along one side of the tortilla.
3. Carefully roll the tortilla and place the taquito on a cookie sheet. Repeat the process until all chicken mixture has been used.
4. Bake taquitos at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
These bad boys can be frozen before you cook them and also re-heat well as left overs which is just one more reason I love to make these. I can make multiple meals all at once with little extra work!
If you enjoyed this tasty recipe, you might like these ones as well:
Linking Here:Pin It