These yummy Homemade Apple Cinnamon Rolls originally appeared as a recipe on this blog three years ago and while the deliciousness of this breakfast treat hasn’t waned in the slightest over that stretch of time, it was time for a photography update to make these look as amazing as they taste. Let me tell you — food photography, and my photography, in general, has so greatly improved over the past three years.
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 loaf frozen white bread, thawed
- 1 large apple, finely diced
- 1 c. walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. water
1. Brush melted butter on the bottom and sides of an 8in. square pan. Set aside for later.
2. Combine apples, walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, and regular sugar together in a bowl.
3. Roll the bread dough out to approximately 9″ x 12″. Carefully spoon the filling onto the dough, making sure to leave a 1/2″ border around the edges.
4. Roll the dough, jelly-roll style, along the long edge and pinch the ends to seal the dough.
5. Cut the roll into nine equal pieces. Carefully move to the greased pan.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
7. To create the frosting, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and water. Stir until creamy.
8. Spread the frosting over the apple cinnamon rolls when they come out of the oven. Serve warm.
If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, you might like these ones too:
Linking Here:Pin It