This is a recipe that I put together a few years back that I haven’t been able to stop thinking about recently. We’ve hit the really hot season in Phoenix and any extra ways I can think to cool off are more than welcome in these parts. Enjoy!
Ice cream is hands-down one of my favorite desserts to eat when the weather warms up and since it’s warm or hot like 95% of the time in Phoenix, I enjoy ice cream a lot. Drumsticks are easily at the top of the list, but they are super limited in the flavor combinations they offer and that just won’t do. Using ice cream of our choice and waffle cones, I was able to create our very own customized Homemade Drumsticks.
- Moose Tracks and Cookies & Cream ice cream
- Sugar Cones
- Magic Shell
- your choice of toppings (I used Mini M&M’s, chopped peanuts, and sprinkles)
- ice cream scoop
- old box to use as a stand
1. Cut 6 X’s in the extra box to create space to hold the cones.
2. Use the Magic Shell to line each of the cones. I rested the lip of the Magic Shell on the edge of the cone and slowly turned the cone. When the edge was covered, I squirted a little extra in the bottom for good measure. When all of your cones are coated, place them in the box and put it in the freezer. Allow them to freeze for 10-15 minutes to give the Magic Shell enough time to harden.
3. For the next step, I worked with three cones at a time to prevent too much melting. Scoop the First Street ice cream into the cone. Press the ice cream into the cone to pack it in firmly and add a rounded scoop to the top. Drizzle more Magic Shell in a circular motion on top of the scoop so that it slightly drips off the sides. Add your toppings of choice to the top. Place ice cream cones back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Repeat the process until all of your cones are completed. Freeze them until they are ready to be served.
As if you can’t tell from his face, Luke is in LOVE with our Handmade Drumsticks. Although they’re a little messy to make and to eat, it’s well worth every yummy bite!
If you loved this recipe post, you might also like these ones too:
Linking Here:Pin It