I received a Minc to use for this post, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
I remember a few years back when anything gold was looked upon as “old” or “dated.” Silver was everywhere you turned. My, how times have changed! I may be a little late in getting there, but I’m loving the transition back to accepting gold in decor and fashion. It’s so warm and inviting; I hope it sticks around this time!
One super easy way to incorporate that yummy gold metallic hue in your home decor is to use the Minc machine from Heidi Swapp. It applies metallic foil to your projects in no time flat. I made this Let Your Light Shine Gold Foil Print in two minutes and you can too!
- Minc Foil Applicator
- transfer folder
- Minc Reactive Foil – Gold
- Let Your Light Shine Print (printed with a Laser Printer)
- one sheet of standard copy paper
1. Start by making sure that you’ve got print printed with a laser jet printer. That is key to making this work!
2. I wanted my print to have a thin black border surrounding it. If you’d like to do this also, simply cut a rectangle from the center of a sheet of standard copy paper to protect the border as it’s going through the machine. If you don’t do this, the border could ruin your transfer folder.
3. Cut a sheet of the reactive gold foil to cover the part of the image you’d like to have foiled. Carefully place the print with the foil inside the transfer folder.
4. Run the print through the Minc. I have mine on a setting of three for the optimal performance. Once the folder catches, the machine will roll it through on its own.
5. Carefully open the transfer folder and peel away the reactive foil to reveal your foiled design.
This makes for the perfect addition to our home!
Not to worry though; if the Minc isn’t quite in your budget, you can also print and frame this as-is and it looks just as fantastic!
If you loved this free print, you might like these ones as well:
Linking Here:Pin It