This past weekend I attended the wedding reception of one of my former students. I taught her way back in fifth grade and to say I feel old is an understatement! I was so grateful to her family for inviting me to share in such a special day. She was absolutely glowing and I felt so honored to help her celebrate!
Because I’ve known her for so long, I wanted to create something more meaningful as a gift for her and her new husband, in lieu of some awesome towels. Enter this simple DIY Wedding Gift and because I love y’all so much, I’m sharing how I put it together so you can recreate it for yourself.
- wood pallet board
- Americana Chalky Finish Paint in Everlasting and Primitive
- foam paint brushes
- Cricut Explore
- Black Vinyl
- transfer tape
- Love You Still Make It Now Cut File
- light grit sand paper
1. Start by painting a nice, solid coat of the Americana Chalky Finish paint in Primitive. Allow it to dry fully.
2. When the first coat of paint is dry, paint a thick coat of the Americana Chalky Finish paint in Everlasting. Allow this coat to fully dry as well.
3. While the paint is drying, cut the Love You Still file with the Cricut and weed out the excess vinyl to leave just the image for the board.
4. Use the transfer tape to apply the image to the board. Make sure to press it firmly to the board! (If you need more in depth instructions on how to apply vinyl, this is a great tutorial for that.)
5. Use the sand paper to sand around the edges to reveal some of the gray underneath.
Tie it up with some ribbon, attach a card, and then gift away!