While we are a family that loves good classic meals, I usually run in to two problems with them: 1. We get so burned out on them because they’re easy enough to make regularly (I’m looking at you, spaghetti), or 2. I struggle to find time to make an actual dinner with our kids’ busy extra curricular activities. With dance, flag football, and religious education classes taking up four nights of our week, I’ve been on the look out for easy solutions to put a twist on our favorite recipes that are quick to make. I was able to do just that with this recipe for Lemon Herb Crusted Shrimp Scampi!
Thanks to a new product line from General Mills®, The Good Table®, I was able to add some new flavors to our typical shrimp scampi in a matter of minutes. Seriously — it was So. Dang. Easy. and because I was able to find it on my usual grocery shopping trip at Walmart, I didn’t have to go out of my way to find it.
35-40 large raw shrimp (cleaned, de-veined, and de-shelled)
The Good Table® Lemon Herb Seasoning Mix
1. Pour enough of the olive oil in a saute’ pan to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
2. Empty The Good Table® box contents in two separate bowls: one for the sauce and one for the seasoning.
3. Grabbing a piece of shrimp by the tail, dip the shrimp in the sauce first, making sure that the entire edible portion of the shrimp is covered. Dip it immediately afterwards in the seasoning, once again making sure to cover all of the edible parts of the shrimp.
4. Carefully place the shrimp on its side in the prepared saute pan. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
5. Cook the shrimp on medium heat, flipping the shrimp with tongs when the tails begin to turn pink. When the shrimp is completely pink, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
6. Boil water in a large pot and cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
7. To plate, place a helping of the thin spaghetti in the center of the plate and place the shrimp on top.
Looks delicious, right? My kids loved this twist and were happy to eat an old standby without any complaints. I consider it a win all around!