While I’ve always made the attempt at serving my family healthy foods, I’ve really taken a good, hard look lately at all of the ingredients in the foods we eat. I want to make sure that I’m always doing the best that I can for my husband and kids and when I realized that I couldn’t even pronounce some of the key parts of our food, I knew it was time for a change. This Chicken Carbonara Recipe is made with a few simple ingredients and I feel really good about every single thing on this plate.
The main dish of this yummy meal is the chicken and I was thrilled when I found it. NatureRaised Farms® prides itself in only using all natural ingredients in its products. They never use any antibiotics, never add hormones or steroids, and offer their animals a purely vegetarian diet. All NatureRaised Farms® products are even animal welfare certified by Global Animal Partnership. I simply love that NatureRaised Farms® Chicken is a wholesome product that is prepared with ethics, environment, and balanced nutrition in mind.
NatureRaised Farms® has some delicious recipes on their site and on their Pinterest page. This Chicken Carbonara recipe comes right from their site with one little tweak to suit my family’s taste buds. The original recipe calls for mushrooms but I chose to omit them because we aren’t a family that cares for mushrooms.
- 4 NatureRaised Farms® Southern Style Crispy Chicken Strips
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic-pepper seasoning blend
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup asparagus, fresh, sliced, blanched
- ½ cup wild mushrooms (such as shiitake, porcini or chanterelle), cleaned, diced
- ¼ cup Applewood-smoked bacon, fully-cooked
- 6 ounces linguine noodles, cooked
- 8 ounces Alfredo sauce, pre-made
- 1 cup chicken broth, canned
- Heat NatureRaised Farms® Southern-Style Crispy Chicken Strips according to package instructions. Slice cooked strips diagonally, season with garlic pepper and top with Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Heat the butter in small skillet over medium heat and add asparagus, mushrooms and bacon. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Combine linguine, Alfredo sauce and chicken broth in small skillet; simmer over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and pasta is warm.
- Add asparagus mixture and toss to blend; portion on plate and top with chicken strips.
Think this recipe might be something that is right up your alley? You are SO in luck!
You can find a coupon for 15% off NatureRaised Farms® October 25 through November 7 in the Target Cartwheel app. Haven’t heard of the Cartwheel app yet? It’s amazing. On top of Target’s usual weekly sales, they load special sales on their Cartwheel app. You simply load the sales that you’d like to utilize onto your personal bar code, share it with your cashier at checkout, and enjoy your extra savings!
If you liked this yummy recipe, you may like these ones too:
Social post & recipe is sponsored by NatureRaised Farms® Chicken but all comments and opinions are organically my own.