I’ve come to one simple conclusion: bacon makes just about any recipe that much more delicious. Seriously. I’ve yet to try bacon with another ingredient where it doesn’t taste amazing and that winning streak doesn’t stop today. This Bacon Crusted Chicken Parmesan recipe has become a fast favorite with my family and one that has made it into our rotation of most-loved family meals.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is a good quality pasta sauce. Ragu is an authentic Italian sauce with richer taste and aroma and richer texture than competitors because it’s made the traditional way and with the same standards set by Assunta Cantisano in 1937. Ragu lets you see, smell, and savor the longstanding tradition of fresh taste. Instead of using shortcuts, they follow Assunta’s secret family recipe slow-simmering vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and fragrant herbs. And my personal favorite parts of the Ragu sauce: no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, and no high fructose corn syrup.
- 4 chicken breast
- 2/3 c. flour
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 5 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 jar of Ragu Old World Style Pasta Sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 13 oz. thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Place each of the following ingredients in a shallow dish: flour, egg, and bread crumbs. Add the crumbled bacon to the bread crumbs.
- For each chicken breast, coat it completely first in the flour, followed by the egg, and finish up with the breadcrumb and bacon mixture. Place it in a 13x9 dish. Repeat this process for the remaining chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the remaining bread crumb and bacon mixture over the top of the prepared chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Spoon the Ragu pasta sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the entire dish.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve over prepared pasta. Add additional pasta sauce as needed.
Doesn’t the extra bacon sprinkled on top of the chicken look fantastic?
Now it’s your turn to Ready. Set. Cook! This competition challenges home cooks to create new and unique recipes featuring a sponsored ingredient, plus a set list of other contest ingredients. The contest runs from November 2 thought November 30. You can submit your recipes on Food.com and like any good competition, there are prizes! The winner will walk away with a cool $3000, the runner up will win $1250, and the People’s Choice Award winner will get $750. Sweet!
If you loved this yummy pasta recipe, you might like these ones too:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu. The opinions and text are all mine.Pin It