Here’s the final guest post I did as part of this holiday season, but you could easily make this recipe all year round. It’s that good!
‘Tis the season for yummy cookies and decadent desserts so I thought I’d take the leap and combine the two into one fantastic creation: a Red Velvet Whoopie Pie recipe!
- 1 pkg. Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 c. confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
1. Combine cake mix, eggs, butter and lemon zest in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
2. Blend sugar and cornstarch; set aside.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. I like to use a cookie scoop to get a uniform size.
4. Roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2-inches apart on prepared pans.
5. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set. Let cookies cool for about 1 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
6. Add the cream cheese frosting to the bottom of one of the cooled cookies. I used a pastry bag to pipe mine on, but you could easily spoon it on if you don’t have those tools. Press another cooled cookie on top.
And there you have it! Don’t these just look divine?
This recipe is based on one from Duncan Hines.
If you enjoyed these yummy Red Velvet Whoopie Pies, you might also enjoy these holiday recipes that I’ve put together:
Linking Here:Pin It