We are huge football fans around these parts and even though none of our teams made it in to the Big Game this year, that isn’t going to stop us from having a great time as a family, watching the game and celebrating together. I’ve started to put some thought in to what snacks and desserts I’ll be serving this year and with some helpful suggestions from the kidlets, we’ll definitely have these simple Big Game Brownies on the menu.
On a recent grocery shopping trip to Walmart, Reagan spotted the Pillsbury brownie mix and when she began pleading her case for why we needed some and how it was right around her birthday, I couldn’t resist. I mean, when it’s that inexpensive with Walmart prices and those big brown eyes are looking up at me, I could totally stock up and not feel bad one bit.
1. Begin by following the directions on the back of the box to prepare the brownies. Bake them in a 13×9 pan for the lowest recommended time.
2. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
3. Use cookie cutters to create football and jersey shapes from the brownies. Reagan was so excited to help with this step!
4. Trim around the brownies with a knife to remove the excess and brownie and to make the brownies much easier to move.
4. Use the Pillsbury Creamy Supreme frosting to decorate the brownie shapes. Use smaller amounts of frosting to make the process easier.
Aren’t these the cutest? These treats were a win-win for me; not only did we end up with a festive dessert for the Big Game, but I was also able to have some quality time with Reagan as she helped me through the process. She’s already asking when she and I get to bake together again!
Love this fun Big Game idea? Check back next week because I’ll have some equally cute Valentine Pillsbury brownie ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.