We are big Disney fans around these parts. I mean, I think Sarah considers Minnie Mouse one of her very best friends and chats to her in all of her two-year-old glory on a regular basis. It’s a deep, true love. When I had the opportunity to visit Disneyland recently, I knew that I needed to create my very own Disney tee to showcase how cool I think all things Disney can be. Thanks to Expressions Vinyl and their fantastic heat transfer vinyl, it was a piece of cake and you can easily re-create it for yourself!
Make sure to read all the way to the end to enter for a chance to win a Southern California Vacation from Get Away Today!
Bonus: I’ve teamed up with 25 other amazing bloggers to share 25 MORE Disney ideas using craft vinyl. There’s seriously a little something for everyone!
1. Lion King shirts by Play Party Plan
2. Jack Skellington Ears by A Pumpkin and a princess
3. Nemo pumpkin from C.R.A.F.T.
4. Disney coloring shirt by Artsy Fartsy Mama
5. Belle framed art by Crafting in the Rain
6. Miracles free cut file By Dawn Nicole Designs
7. Autograph shirt by the Pinning Mama
8.Disney countdown by Frenchi Wraps
9. Girl dress up by Over the Big Moon
10. Spirit animal shirt by Smashed peas and Carrots
11. Customized Minnie Ears by Inspiration Made Simple
12.Winnie the Pooh quote from Where the Smile Have been!
13. Modest ariel from Kiki & Company
14. Jack Skellington coin purse by Tried and True
15. Minnie Mouse purse by A girl and a glue gun
16. Disney ornaments by Happiness is Homemade
17. Girl Boss shirt by Sweet Rose Studio
18.No Sew Minnie tutu by Sugar Bee Crafts
19. Haunted Mansion door design by Simple simon and Co.
20. Minnie Mouse bow shirt by Girl loves Glam
21. Mary Poppins design by the Crafted Sparrow
22. Cinderella hand lettered shirt by Pitter and Glink
23. Jack Skellington shirt and pumpkin by the Scrap Shoppe
24. Beauty and Beast book sign by Flamingo Toes
25. Hat hair shirt by Polka Dot chair
26. Vintage Disneyland by Persia Lou
plain white t-shirt
scrap cotton fabric
One. Begin by downloading the cut file for the Cricut. You’ll probably need to purchase the Disney graphic to complete the design.
Two. Cut the heat transfer vinyl using the mirror-image setting on your machine. I’ve created a video that covers the cutting process HERE.
Three. Apply the heat transfer vinyl according to THIS VIDEO. Begin with applying the black layer of vinyl first. You can use the iron directly on the plastic covering of this layer. When you go to add the red glitter bow, place a piece of scrap cotton fabric on top of the vinyl before using the iron.
Four. Allow the vinyl and shirt to cool completely before wearing. To launder, simply wash the shirt inside out on cold and either dry on low heat or let it hang dry.
This shirt ended up being pretty popular with quite a few people I ran into at Disney, especially some of the Cast Members. I hope it gets you noticed too!
Now, let’s get to the really exciting stuff: a chance to win a Southern California Vacation courtesy of Get Away Today!
This is a $1500 giveaway, friends! Awesome, right?! Good luck!